The bathroom is ready for tiling now.
It’s been emptied. Luckily dad was around to get the cast iron tub out… even in bits that thing was SO heavy! Dad also built the stud wall framework for my recess shelves. The shelves just need to be done.
I’ve stripped the artex, patched up render and plastered a fair bit of the walls. I plastered more than I needed to, just to practice plastering. It’s so much easier with proper plaster than it is with the patching plaster which is effectively joint filler.
tanked around bath/shower area
stud wall for recess shelves
The plastering around the window was so dodgy, with the newer plaster sticking out a good few mm. No use for tiling. Made good now though.
first plastering attempt
plastered elec chased in for fan
Plastering is phsyically mega hard work. Just holding a loaded hawk for several hours kills your hand. Plus, I don’t own a drill bit for mixing, so mixed it all by hand.
I’ve got a recent fascination with pallet furniture. When I have a bit of time I’m going to try my hand at making a DIY pallet table / seat etc. Just look how incredible these all look!
I’ve not posted on here for a long time! I was ill for most of Jan and Feb, so didn’t do a lot of work. But I’ve been busy the last few weeks.
I’ve rendered and skimmed a couple of dodgy areas in the front room.
And I’ve just finished sanding and varnishing the front room floor.
I’m very pleased with it and now have a proper drum room so I can buy my new kit 🙂
after approx 10 hours of sanding with a hand belt sander
maybe get a better dust mask next time
3 coats of varnish later
Left to do:
- Fill in a couple of holes and paint over a patch of new skim
- Build the built in desk in the left chimney recess
- Add new skirting board
- Tile / paint hearth
- Add ceiling rose
- Buy and hang blinds
- Build door frame & hang door
- Make pallet sofa…. big project for later on!