Last weekend was a busy one. Parents came up for 3 days to help me get the lounge, kitchen and shower room more or less finished.
A second layer of lining paper was put on the chimney, followed by the pretty paper. The fireplace has been concreted in, ran out of concrete, so need to finish up in front of the fire.
This weekend I put up the curtain pole. Just need to buy curtains now.
The coving needs to be finished, but I had a leak so this got set back. The leak that the plumbers couldn’t find after 2 hours of searching… well dad found it in 10 mins. Muppets.
I need to paint the bricks black behind the fire opening.
Dad connected up the radiator in the shower room and fitted and plumbed in the sink.
Sunday evening, I found out that as the pipes run under the floor there’s a warm tile to stand on. Bonus!
I boxed in the pipes in the kitchen, using lengths of timber and plasterboard. Far cheaper than alternatives and it looks good.
1. Cut timber to length.
2. Screw batons into wall.
3. Screw timber to batons.
4. Cut plasterboard to length, file & paint
5. Nail plasterboard to timbers
6. Tap nails in with nail punch
7. Fill nail holes & touch up paint
Dad fitted the light. It suits the room and creates more ambient light near the dining table.