It’s been a busy weekend.
I’ve been rendering and skimming in the front room. I also painted another coat of white on the other walls in here.
The rendering was a struggle. It’s very difficult and I didn’t get a great finish. I’ll dry line in the future!
I sanded and primed the chipboard wardrobe doors for my bedroom. My bedroom won’t actually need these doors for a few months, but I want to get them painted before I sand the floors in the front room. I figure I’ll get a better finish working on them flat, rather than when in situ.
I finally got around to putting up a piece of plasterboard above the front door. Just need to touch up the filled screw holes. I still need to neaten up the pipes and the electric fuse box and meter. And paint the wood work around the door.
- I also filled the huge gap between the wall and ceiling on the wall that doesn’t have coving in the front room and filled ceiling cracks.
- Oh stripped the paper from the bit of ceiling above the bay… that I’d totally forgotten about!
- I touched up odd bits of paintwork. A few little bits in the kitchen. And the first few coats to cover the giant water leak stain on the lounge ceiling. Which I’m not sure has actually stopped leaking and the plumbers couldn’t find the source of this leak…